November 18, 2008

ZOOMA Atlanta 2008

THANKS to all the ZOOMA Atlanta runners and walkers who braved 35 degree weather to challenge themselves with a 5K or half marathon. Nearly 1,700 women signed up for the inaugural race. Thanks for welcoming ZOOMA to Atlanta! We'll definitely be back next year.

And thanks to those of you who shared your good experiences with me. Here are a few of the sweet emails I have received over the past couple of days:

I just wanted to thank you for making my first 1/2 marathon such a wonderful experience! I had so much fun. The race was very well organized and the course was great! I can't wait for the next one.

Thanks again,
T. Proctor

************
I just wanted to thank you for putting on an incredible race. No doubt the course was difficult, but a blast. For it being an inaugural event in Atlanta, it seemed to go off without a hitch. Kudos to your water/Gatorade cheering crew - they definitely kept us motivated. This was my first half-marathon and it definitely won't be my last! Looking forward to next year!

E. Zwigart

************
GREAT race! Everything was so smooth and the event was a delight. It was my first half marathon and I loved it. See you next year and God bless your work.

Ginger

(P.S. Women liked this race especially because it gave them a chance to do a Fall half marathon before Thanksgiving. Women do the Atlanta Thanksgiving half, but it makes it hard for them to host company for the holiday. I heard one women commenting that Zooma will be her new November tradition and then she can relax and enjoy her Thanksgiving.)

************

I participated in the Atlanta event yesterday, it was fantastic. Thank you for the wonderful race experience. The food was good, the vibe was great and the necklaces are too cute. I just wanted to say thanks, we had a great time…keep up the good work! See you next year!

C. Genter

************

One of the BEST races I've been to!!!!! I WILL be there next year!! Good job!

K. Johnson

***********

Thanks to all of you for continuing to motivate me in my own running. I saw many women running across the finish line holding up their hands in victory with a huge smile on their faces, and there is nothing more inspiring. Congratulations to ZOOMA Atlanta finishers! Keep up the great work!

Brae

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wanted to find the perfect race for my first one and thank goodness I found it! Zooma is an amazing organization and put together a great day. I wanted to run for my mother who passed away Dec 1st 2007 at 58 due to poor health. I've lost over 60lbs since her death so I would not fall victim to the same things that took her away from us. I look at my necklace and cherish it in a way you will never ever know. Thank you all for everything you do and for every woman that ran or walked that day!

Anonymous said...

Yet another thank you goes out to this race. I have been wanting to run a half-marathon and was in the process of training for one. It was during that time that I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer and needed to turn my attentions to fighting that. I am 100% better and know I will need a year to get back to where I was and train. My husband and I will be heading to Florida from Upstate NY in November 2009 where he will compete in the Florida Ironman. From there we will head back north to Atlanta where I plan to run your very motivating awesome race. This will be my first half-marathon. What a whirlwind trip that will be!

I think I can relate to the previous poster in saying that the necklace given at the finish line will stand for so, so much!

Thank you for giving us this race to motivate us!

HappyascanB said...

It was also my first Half, and it was an awesome experience! I've run plenty of 5Ks and a couple of 10Ks before, and this was by far the most organized race! Thank you so much for the great necklace as a gift, too! The course was great ~ a little hilly, but we all survived! We'll be back next year (My hubby was a great sport and ran with me)!

Anonymous said...

Thank you ZOOMA for the beginning of a dream come true!!! I had a blast(even in the cold)!! This is one experience I will never forget. It was my first 5K ever and I look forward to many more runs. When I put my necklace on, I couldn't stop jumping and smiling. I felt like a child seeing Mickey Mouse for the first time. Everything was wonderful and well organized. I have decided to train for a half marathon for 2009 and with every step I will think of this experience I was blessed to have and ZOOMA!! Thanks again.